Free Consultation: 800-937-8443

Free Consultation: 800-937-8443

A one-ton pickup truck lost control and veered off road hitting a tree before rolling over injuring all five of the vehicle’s occupants. The single-vehicle crash happened on Highway 514 near the intersection of Red Hill Road in Caldwell County around 5 am, Tuesday morning November 4, 2018.

A Caldwell County Sheriff’s deputy at the scene said that three neighboring county’s responded to the call for assistance sending their EMS units to help out with the wounded. All were needed as four people were transported to local hospitals while one refused treatment.

Single-Car Accidents

Single car accidents can be deadly as it typically means the driver of a vehicle has lost control of the vehicle. This can be because of speed, driver fatigue, distraction or impairment. However, these are not always the sole cause of a single-car crash.

Often times there are contributing factors that could be a primary or secondary cause of the accident. Some of these are:

  • Condition of the road
  • Wild animal darting into the path of the car
  • Narrow Lanes
  • Poor road design or condition
  • Weather

Investigators of a single-car crash will examine the scene as well as the background of the victims, especially the driver, to try and determine the cause of the accident.


What if I’m Injured in a One-Car Crash?

Many times, drivers of a single-car accident often assume it’s their fault and feel that they can’t make a claim for damages. However, if any of the above factors are even partially responsible, then a driver can submit a claim for damages.

Who Pays for It?

If you’ve been injured in a single-vehicle accident, you may have a claim against someone else such as the maintenance company or even the builders of the road. Another possibility is that you might be able to recover some of damages from your own insurance company, depending on the policy. To do this, you submit a claim to your insurance company, and they will investigate to see if they will honor the claim.

If it is someone else partially to blame but you are also to blame, then you may get a percentage of the damages. Kentucky is a comparative fault state which means that the court will assign a percentage of the blame to the parties at fault, and then each party will pay that percentage of the injuries and damages.

If this happened to you, talk to an attorney who knows the law surrounding single-car crashes. He or she will be able to examine the case, maybe even perform additional investigations, and then determine if you have a claim against someone else or your own insurance company.

The attorneys at Kaufman and Stigger, PLLC, have that knowledge and a combined 100 years’ experience in helping clients get the results they deserve. To discuss your case, call Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC today, at (800) 937-8443 or click here to contact them online.