We’ve all been driving around the city and noticed our gas gauge sitting on empty and perhaps our stomach growling at the same time. It would be nice to take care of both problems at once. That’s what the Lex Express Gas Station tries its best to offer in Lexington.
With food and drinks, unique merchandise, and unleaded and diesel fuel on the menu Lex Express offers New Circle Road travelers a little bit of everything. Their location attracts plenty of business, but places with a lot of auto and foot traffic can also provide unique dangers for customers.
Assistance for Slip-And-Fall Victims at Lexington Gas Stations
Customers at gas stations like Lex Express should never have to worry about their safety, but unfortunately, slip-and-fall accidents happen every year at all sorts of businesses in Lexington. A drink spilled on the floor, ketchup on the tile, or an oil build-up near the pumps can all serve as the obstacle that sends you to the ground for a hard fall.
If you or a loved one suffer a serious injury at a gas station in Lexington, reach out to a local personal injury lawyer before you speak with any insurance representative. Any statement you give an insurance company can be used against you and allow them to skip out on the responsibility for your injury.
Contact the slip-and-fall lawyers with Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC, to find out what your injury is really worth and what you should be asking for to make sure every medical bill is covered. Our first consultation is free and comes at no obligation to you.
Common Injuries in Gas Station Slip-And-Fall Accidents
Filing a claim for damages after an accident the right way and at the right time can be vital to the success of your case. You could be provided money for an emergency room visit, but get stuck with the costs of months of physical therapy and even the difficulties of life with a disability.
A fall at a gas station like Lex Express can seem like a minor issue, but head injuries and back and hip fractures can be very difficult to heal from and require surgery months down the road.
The consequences of a fall can be devastating to your life and your family’s lives. Here are just a few of the common injuries seen in emergency rooms:
A slip-and-fall usually sends a victim backward to land on their back or side. These accidents are caused by things like a puddle in the bathroom or snow and ice in the parking lot.
- Head and Brain Injuries – A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can result from the back or side of your head striking the hard floor or pavement. A TBI can rob you of your memories, leave you with light sensitivity, and even nausea.
- Skull Fractures – A skull fracture will leave a bump on the head and cause swelling, clear fluid or blood may run out of the nose and ears. Neurosurgery is often required.
- Spinal Cord and Spinal Structure Damage – Victims lose the ability to control parts of their bodies. Sometimes it’s a temporary loss and sometimes it can lead to a permanent disability.
- Broken Bones and Dislocations — Elbows, the butt bone, and hips can absorb the impact of a backward fall. These breaks often require a long time to heal and can keep victims out of work for a long while. Hip injuries are notorious for taking a long time to heal. They can cause other health issues while you are off your feet.
In trip-and-fall accidents, victims are generally launched forward. They can be caused by the foot catching on a pothole or on a folded-up rug inside the convenience store.
- Arm Injuries – When victims fall forward they try to catch themselves by extending their arms out. This can leave parts of the arm, like a hand or wrist, at risk of a fracture.
- Facial Fractures – Victims are also vulnerable to face and jaw injuries if they don’t catch themselves in time. The nose is especially vulnerable.
- Mouth Damage – Impacts can leave teeth loosened, broken, or knocked out. Permanent scarring is also possible.
Gas Station Owner Liability in a Slip-And-Fall Accident
Business owners around Lexington are legally obligated to provide a safe experience for anyone they invite onto their properties. When employees let a spill sit on the tile, or a pothole goes unrepaired for an unreasonably long time, gas stations and sometimes the national chains that may operate them can be held accountable.
You can hope to get compensated for every hardship you’ve been through after taking a fall. The factors you may receive reimbursement for could include every hospital bill you’ve seen and those you may get for medical care needed in the years to come. The costs involved with any permanent disability or disfigurement would also increase the amount of support you should receive.
Your lost time at work could also prove to leave you in the red and struggling to pay your normal monthly bills. Every missed paycheck should be given back to you. The emotional toll on you or your family can factor into any settlement you receive. Anxiety and depression are common after enduring the pain and frustration of a long recovery. Counseling sessions for you can also be paid for.
Your attorney will sit down with you to make sure every difficulty you’ve experienced gets listed on a claim for damages.
Contact a Lexington Slip-And-Fall Accident Lawyer
Talk to a Lexington Slip-And-Fall Accident Attorney you can trust to be on your side and fight for your fair compensation after a fall at a local gas station. The attorneys at Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC, have a long history of protecting clients from the tactics of insurance companies and forcing agents and adjusters to treat them fairly.
We want to see you on your feet again and will work hard to make sure your rights as a victim are respected while you heal. To discuss your case in a free consultation, contact Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC today, by clicking here.