Discount grocery chains can truly be great for your bank account. The four Price Less Foods locations around Louisville are a great example. They sell great produce and fresh-cut meat for unbeatable prices.
They offer incredible deals on things you use every day, but they also must show care to their customers by keeping slipping and tripping hazards cleaned up inside and outside the store.
A Louisville Grocery Store Slip-And-Fall Accident Attorney
You may be tip-toeing through a cluttered aisle when you trip on a pallet left out by a stocker, or you may step in a puddle and suddenly be flat on your back. These are all hazards store owners and operators are obligated to clean-up or fix before you ever have the chance to be hurt by them.
You can suffer a painful injury that takes you off your feet for weeks or months and the proprietors of Price Less Foods may not be too eager to help you with things like hospital bills and your missed hours at work. In these cases, it’s important to get a local attorney on your team from Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC. Your attorney can go to work building a case against Price Less Foods so you can get your bills paid and work towards getting back on your feet without worry. Contact us for a free and confidential consultation on your case.
What a Louisville Grocer Owes You in Safety
Local store owners and grocery chain operators all owe customers a “duty of care.” That means it’s their duty to provide every safety precaution they can to anyone who visits their stores. This can mean monitoring their aisles for spills by customers, leaks from items on the shelves, and bathroom messes. These owners and operators have to get these hazards taken care of in a reasonable amount of time and put up safety signage when they spot a problem.
This protection should extend to the parking lot. So when bad weather hits, snow and ice are cleared as quickly as possible so that your trip inside isn’t a scary journey. When customers track water and slush inside, signs should be out and mops should be employed to keep slippery puddles to a minimum. Rugs and mats should also be kept in good repair so they don’t curl up and trip you.
What to Do After a Slip And Fall Accident in Louisville
If you enter a Price Less Foods and get injured it’s important to keep in mind where you are. The company that owns Price Less Foods runs over 400 grocery stores across the area. They are a big company and they will have a legal team prepared for anyone who seeks to get help after a fall in one of their stores.
You’ll need to build a strong case to make sure you’re ready when a Price Less Foods representative tries to blame your injury on you.
The task of collecting evidence beings immediately after an accident if possible. These are a few important details to try to secure:
- Call 911 if necessary – If you feel you need medical attention call 911. Give paramedics a full account of your injuries so they can document them.
- Don’t say you weren’t injured – Even if you don’t feel any pain, don’t tell store representatives that you’re OK or say that your fall was your own fault. These statements can be used against you later. The fact is, your injuries may not hurt until you lay down in bed later that night or when you wake up. You also may not have a clear idea of what caused your fall.
- Snap Cellphone Pics – Show the hazard that caused your fall and the surrounding area in pictures or with video on your phone. The hazard will be cleaned up or repaired as soon as you leave. If you are too hurt to take photos ask someone else to do it for you.
- Alert a store employee and manager – The manager will write up an accident report. This will become evidence for you later in your case.
- Talk to witnesses — Get the contact information for anyone who saw the accident or saw the obstacle that caused it. Make a note of what they saw. You may even get help from store employees.
- See your doctor – Go in for a check-up from your own physician. Get all injuries documented.
- Contact a Lawyer – After a serious injury talk to a local attorney. If you are hurt don’t assume all of your doctor bills and your lost wages at work will automatically get reimbursed. Sometimes you have to fight to get a regional company to do the right thing. An attorney can handle the investigation into your fall and build a solid case to send to the company’s insurance representatives. An attorney can also make sure you don’t fall for some of the common tricks insurance agents use to save their clients money and rob you of compensation.
Contact a Louisville Slip-And-Fall Lawyer
As a victim of an injury in Kentucky, you are given up to a year to file a claim against the at-fault party. That’s not a long time so it’s best to let your attorney get started as soon as possible constructing your case. Evidence and documents will be easier to obtain the sooner you start.
Talk to a Louisville Slip-And-Fall Accident Attorney you can trust to be on your side and fight for your fair compensation against a grocery store chain and their lawyers. The attorneys at Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC, have that knowledge and a combined 100 years’ experience in helping clients get the compensation they’ll need to make a full recovery. To discuss your case, contact Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC today, by clicking here to contact them online.