When golf cart accidents happen in Kentucky, they often result in serious damage. Whether this be injuries to you or a passenger, or even the long-term emotional and psychological effect of the accident, it’s likely that you’ll be facing certain changes to how you live your life.
These accidents can happen for various reasons and always have consequences, but it’s important to remember that there are legal options available to you. However, this process is going to involve dealing with an insurance company, which can bring its own unique challenges.
Experienced Guidance From Kentucky Golf Cart Accident Lawyers
If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of a golf cart accident in Kentucky, you can turn to our team of experienced lawyers at Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC. We’re dedicated to assisting you in the recovery process, and will work to secure the compensation needed for your injuries. We proudly offer free consultations for anyone in Kentucky who has been in a golf cart accident. Contact us today to schedule yours.
Golf Cart Accidents in Kentucky
Kentucky, with its lush green farms and beautiful scenery, is an often-overlooked destination for golfers. However, these conditions also contribute to an increase in the potential for being involved in a golf cart accident–even though you can find golf carts in places other than golf courses.
No matter your level of experience, it’s essential to be aware of the common causes of golf cart accidents because they can happen without warning. While every accident is unique, there are some common underlying causes:
- Reckless driving – This is a significant contributor to accidents. People might drive golf carts at excessive speeds or engage in risky behavior, such as sharp turns or sudden stops.
- Impaired driving – Just like with regular vehicles, driving a golf cart while under the influence of alcohol or drugs can lead to accidents.
- Inadequate maintenance – Golf carts require proper maintenance to ensure they are in good working condition. Neglecting maintenance can lead to mechanical failures that result in accidents.
- Inexperience – Inexperienced or untrained golf cart drivers may not understand how to operate these vehicles safely, leading to accidents.
- Poor visibility – Golf carts often lack the visibility features of regular vehicles, like headlights and taillights. This can make them harder to see, especially in low-light conditions.
- Terrain and weather – Kentucky’s varied terrain and weather conditions can pose challenges for golf cart drivers. Uneven or hilly terrain can lead to accidents, as can adverse weather conditions like rain.
- Distracted driving – Using a mobile phone or engaging in other distractions while driving a golf cart can lead to accidents.
Golf cart accidents in Kentucky typically lead to injuries because they lack the protective features found in other vehicles. Moreover, they frequently involve rollover-type crashes that can be even more dangerous for either you or a passenger. Here is a look at some of the more typical injuries associated with these accidents:
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs) or concussions
- Neck and back injuries
- Burn injuries
- Muscle strains
After a golf cart accident, you will probably be faced with a tough road ahead. These accidents often result in injuries, especially when they involve other vehicles. This means you may need ongoing medical care, possibly for the rest of your life. On top of that, there can be emotional and psychological trauma that affects both you and your family.
Which Insurance Companies Cover Golf Cart Accidents in Kentucky?
Because they are considered a motor vehicle by law in Kentucky, golf carts are subject to various insurance policies. However, the coverage and policies depend on the circumstances and ownership. Still, when there’s an accident, an insurance company of some kind is going to get involved. Most of the time, the following types of insurance companies cover these accidents:
- Homeowner’s insurance – In some cases, homeowner’s insurance policies may provide coverage for golf cart accidents that occur on your property, especially if the golf cart is considered part of your personal property. However, this coverage is typically limited to accidents that happen on another person’s property and may not extend to accidents that occur off their property.
- Auto insurance – If you use your golf cart on public roads or in areas where it’s considered a motor vehicle, you may need to have golf cart insurance under your auto insurance policy.
- Specialty golf cart insurance – Some insurance companies offer specialty golf cart insurance policies. These policies are designed specifically for golf carts and may provide coverage for accidents, liability, and theft.
- Liability insurance – Liability insurance will come into play when a golf course or other owner of a golf cart wants to protect themselves from a claim resulting from a golf cart accident. It can help cover legal expenses and damages if they’re found liable for injuring someone or damaging their property.
- Medical payments coverage – This type of coverage, which may be part of your homeowner’s insurance or a specialty golf cart insurance policy, can help with medical expenses for injuries sustained in a golf cart accident.
Regardless of the type of insurance coverage involved, you’re going to have to at the very least file a claim with them to start the process of recovering damages. Now, there could be extensive injuries and other results from the accident, so these damages are extremely important to your overall recovery. That’s where our team can help you.
How Can Our Team Help You in an Insurance Claim After a Kentucky Golf Cart Accident?
While Kentucky doesn’t require you to hire a lawyer for a golf cart accident claim, going it alone could reduce your chances of getting the full compensation you deserve from the insurance company. If you’ve suffered injuries in the accident, you likely face significant medical and financial challenges. Working with Kaufman & Stigger is in your best interest.
Our Kentucky golf cart accident lawyers have a proven track record in such cases. Here’s how we can help:
- Conduct a thorough investigation, identifying responsible parties and potential compensation sources.
- Collect and analyze evidence to strengthen your claim.
- Handle all legal communications to protect your case.
- Negotiate with insurers for the highest possible settlement.
- Prepare for trial if a fair settlement isn’t reached.
- Connect you with suitable medical professionals to aid your recovery.
Any accident can be physically and emotionally traumatic, especially if you’re not expecting it. Our team can ease your burden by managing your claim from start to finish, allowing you to focus on healing.
Damages in a Kentucky Golf Cart Accident Claim
After a golf cart accident, filing an injury claim is vital to secure the support needed for recovery. While each case is unique, most injury claims seek compensation, or “damages.”
Our experienced lawyers make sure every avenue for support is explored. In a Kentucky golf cart accident injury claim, you may potentially recover compensation for:
- Medical treatment costs
- Physical therapy expenses
- Lost wages due to inability to work
- Pain and suffering from the accident
- Reduced quality of life due to injuries
Calculating these damages can be challenging, especially for severe and long-lasting injuries. Our team can significantly impact your claim’s outcome, even though not legally required. More than anything else, we’ll be there to support you throughout the entire process so that you feel validated and have what you need to see the claim through to a satisfying end.
Experienced Legal Support After a Kentucky Golf Cart Accident
Following a golf cart accident in Kentucky, you never know how the situation will play out. Regardless of the accident’s cause, Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC is here to assist you on your road to recovery. Our skilled and experienced Kentucky golf cart accident lawyers will be there to provide legal advice and support throughout the process.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a golf cart accident, don’t hesitate to contact us today for a free consultation.