A frightening collision on a Kentucky interstate or on a curvy highway might leave you or a loved one with a traumatic motorcycle injury. Bones can be left splintered and broken, even the relatively strong bone in your upper arm called the Humerus.
A Kentucky Motorcycle Accident Broken Bone Lawyer works to maximize the compensation victims receive as they heal. A lawyer is also your security against the unfair practice of car insurance companies when it comes to how they treat motorcycle collision victims in need.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Kentucky Humerus Fracture Injury Lawyer
A broken humerus bone can make working or even picking up your child very difficult for weeks if not months. Victims can take months to heal and regain their freedom.
After being forced into a frightening Kentucky motorcycle crash by a careless driver and suffering a broken arm, you should never have to face the expense of recovery alone. To make sure you aren’t held responsible for the costs of your comeback from an arm break, contact Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC, of Kentucky.
Our skilled Kentucky Motorcycle Accident Lawyers offer a free, no-obligation case consultation to all accident victims. It’s an easy, no-risk way to understand the injury benefits available to you and how to secure those benefits from an unhelpful car insurance company.
Humerus Fracture Dangers in Kentucky Traffic Accidents
Johns Hopkins Medicine explains that the humerus is the large bone in the upper arm that connects the shoulder and shoulder blade to the elbow. The Humerus is a strong bone so it usually takes the force of a vehicle accident or a serious fall to break it.
Motorcycle accident Victims can throw their arms out in front of them as they hit the pavement and break a humerus bone. The initial hit from a vehicle might also be enough to cause a humerus fracture.
An upper arm fracture usually occurs in one of two spots:
- Proximal Fracture – The break happens close to the shoulder joint.
- Shaft Fracture – The break happens in the middle of the upper arm bone.
A comminuted fracture means the bone is broken into more than two pieces. An open humerus fracture means the bone is sticking through the skin. A closed or simple fracture means the bone did not break the skin.
A broken arm can disrupt a victim’s home and work life and the pain and inconvenience may not disappear in just a few weeks. A Kentucky motorcycle accident lawyer works hard to make sure victims aren’t facing hospital bills and other damages alone when an at-fault driver’s insurance company needs to accept responsibility.
Outlook for Kentucky Motorcycle Accident Victims with Broken Arms
Motorcycle accident victims might have their arms in a cast for anywhere from one to two months. Full healing and to have all pain disappear might take several months. This is for a simple break where the bone hasn’t moved all that much and the pieces fit back together neatly.
This type of recovery, likely involving an emergency room visit, can cost patients anywhere from $1,500 to $3,000 or more. They’ll have to go back to get the cast taken off, resulting in additional fees.
A more complex break in the upper arm will require surgery with the installation of screws and metal plates to hold all the little bone fragments in place as they heal. Prices will vary across different hospitals in Kentucky, but patients can expect costs to go well over $10,000 in some cases.
With these incredible costs, patients who have to miss work will have little chance to make even a first payment towards their hospital bills. When car insurance companies are delaying their support, motorcycle accident victims can also fall behind on mortgage payments and car payments. A Kentucky traumatic injury lawyer is the defense victims hire to protect themselves and earn a fair motorcycle accident settlement as quickly as possible.
Avoiding Insurance Tactics After Filing a Broken Arm Motorcycle Accident Claim
Once an insurance company reads that a humerus fracture injury claim involves a motorcyclist, you may see insurance adjusters pull out all of the tactics they know to rob you of compensation:
- Delayed Response: The easiest way an insurance company can reduce how much they’ll have to provide in support is to make you wait. The longer they purposely wait to respond to your broken arm claim, the more desperate you may become as bills continue to pile up. Your Kentucky motorcycle accident attorney can spot these tricks and call them out.
- Low Settlement Offer: Once they have you desperate, insurance providers may make you a ridiculously low offer just to see if you are hurting enough financially to accept it. If you don’t have a legal expert on your side, you might not know that it’s a “lowball offer.” Make sure you have an attorney look over any settlement agreement they send you.
- Shifting Blame in Motorcycle Accidents: Insurance companies like to continue old stereotypes about motorcyclists being reckless to unfairly blame riders for accidents. They can ignore a police collision report and try to stick the rider with all of the fault. Your lawyer steps in and puts an end to this underhanded tactic.
Compensation for a Kentucky Motorcycle Accident Broken Arm
Your Kentucky motorcycle accident lawyer will be fully investigating your case and collecting powerful evidence so you can bring a strong claim to an insurance company. Your lawyer will also make sure every hardship you face is included in that claim.
A skilled Kaufman & Stigger representative will seek financial support for the following and more on your behalf:
- Medical bills the victim has now and any expected in the future.
- Lifelong support when a permanent motorcycle accident disability or permanent disfigurement is involved.
- Physical therapy/rehabilitation costs after an arm fracture.
- Pain and emotional trauma the victim has suffered through. Depression and anxiety can affect anyone who can no longer participate in family activities or their favorite hobbies. The anguish of being unable to return to a motorcycle for weeks or months can cause a loss of enjoyment of life.
- Lost wages victims suffer while missing work.
- Travel expenses as an immobile patient is unable to get to doctor appointments without help.
- Repairs or replacement for a motorcycle.
Contact a Kentucky Motorcycle Accident Humerus Fracture Lawyer
Kentucky accident victims have up to one year to file an injury claim with a car insurance company. It’s always best to act quickly. Acting immediately gives your attorney the best chance to collect fresh evidence and build a strong case for you.
If you or a loved one have suffered a broken arm due to a driver’s carelessness, don’t feel like you must cope with the pain and the financial burden of care alone.
Schedule a free, no-obligation case review today with a Kentucky Motorcycle Accident Lawyer you can trust to be on your side and fight for your fair compensation. You’ll speak with a real Kentucky lawyer at Kaufman & Stigger, PLLC. If you decide we can help you earn the most for your arm fracture injury claim, you won’t need any money. We don’t get paid unless we win your case for you, and then our fee comes out of the settlement your receive.